Crainstorm is a real-time, online, crowd-sourced brainstorming tool that lets individuals and businesses gather and test ideas with direct input from marketers, entrepreneurs, creators and thinkers.
To host your virtual brainstorm, sign up, set your budget, set your time and date and choose your applicants. When the time comes, you’ll collaborate with your selected contributors in a virtual brainstorm room complete with video conferencing, a shared whiteboard and a place for collaborative notes.
You can also get paid to contribute to brainstorms. Just sign up, browse upcoming sessions, apply, share your advice and recommendations with someone who needs your help.
Here's how it works:
- Set up your profile if you haven’t already by logging in, creating your Profile or clicking the Gear icon at the top-right corner of your screen. Please fill in the mandatory fields to complete registration. If you want to contribute to brainstorms, you might want to fill in the optional fields as well so hosts can get to know you better. This is where people will learn about what you bring to the brainstorm.
- If you are interested in hosting a brainstorm, click "Host a Brainstorm". Here is where you schedule and set up a brainstorm. Set the date and time, set your overall brainstorm budget (the total will be divvied up between participants and Crainstorm) and provide some background information that will help your contributors give you valuable ideas and insights. Heads up, you can edit the background info later but not your date, time or budget. You’ll see four buttons at the top of the page.
- If you are interested in contributing to brainstorms, click "Apply for Brainstorms". Scroll and search upcoming brainstorms that are currently hiring contributors. At a glance, you can see what they are about, what they’ll pay if you’re accepted, when they’re happening and how long they’ll last. Be sure to check this page regularly as there new brainstorms being posted all the time. If you don’t see any brainstorms listed it’s because there aren’t any currently hiring. Don’t fret, more will come!
- Once you’ve set up a brainstorm or applied to one, view your sessions in Manage my Brainstorms. This is a list of all of the brainstorms you’re hosting or have hosted in the past. You will also see a list of all of the upcoming brainstorms to which you’ve applied or been accepted. To see the brainstorms you’re hosting, click “Brainstorms I’m Hosting”. If you want to see what you’re in the process of contributing to, click “Brainstorms I’m Attending”. If you want to create a new event, click “Create New Brainstorm”.
- Once the time comes for your brainstorm to start, you can enter the Brainstorm Room through the Manage my Brainstorm Section. You will be able to enter the room fifteen minutes before it starts. Once you are in, you’ll see video screens on the left side of your screen – this is you and your attendees. You will also have a shared whiteboard you can use to drop images, sticky notes and drawings. You can also share notes and documents easily through the reference file list.
Crainstorm was developed by the team at UpHouse® – a marketing agency for in-house marketers. If you have any questions or need assistance, email email@example.com